How to Get Dog High With Marijuana

Have you seen videos online featuring dogs looking like they’re high? While these may make for entertaining videos, this behavior could be detrimental to their wellbeing and yours.

THC, the psychoactive chemical found in marijuana, can be deadly to dogs. While deaths due to THC poisoning are unlikely, they may suffer side effects such as lethargy or vomiting.

1. Smoke it

Dogs can become high by inhaling THC or eating edibles containing it or by ingestion from secondhand smoke from marijuana smoking, either by eating edibles or chews left lying around or by inhaling smoke from a bong or blunt their owners are smoking near them. The results can range from mild discomfort to life threatening depending on the amount of THC consumed and potency of the cannabis product used; depending on its effects.

THC, the psychoactive compound found in marijuana (known variously as weed, reefer, mary jane or ganja), quickly enters your dog’s system and impacts their central nervous system, leading to uncoordinated movements, stumbling or lethargy at first before progressing through hyperactivity, excessive drooling, vomiting/diarrhea/agitation and depression – and potentially seizures/coma in severe cases. Cannabis plants contain two compounds – THC produces this effect while CBD doesn’t creates this effect and is used to treat many illnesses in canines.

If your dog displays symptoms similar to these, contact the clinic as soon as possible and bring him or her in for assessment. A veterinarian may help induce vomiting if needed while monitoring his/her condition while waiting for results of blood work and urine analysis; additionally they can administer IV fluids or anti-nausea medication if necessary.

THC will typically clear from your dog’s system within a couple of days. Until that happens, keep them on a bland diet of boiled chicken and white rice or similar easy-to-digest foods to ease digestion and create an environment conducive to relaxation and lots of attention to help him feel more at ease during this waiting period.

Like you wouldn’t leave grapes or chocolate within reach of your dog, marijuana should also be treated with the utmost caution and care. Securing it away from your pup and never smoking around them are the best ways to ensure its safety and avoid potentially toxic situations – should anything come up call Pet Poison Helpline immediately for advice if necessary!

2. Eat it

Your pet would likely avoid foods containing chemicals that are toxic to it, yet many responsible pet owners fail to take similar steps when it comes to cannabis products.

Marijuana–commonly known by its many other names such as weed, pot, reefer, Mary Jane and ganja–can intoxicate pets when consumed or inhaled via vaporization. THC and its metabolite 11-hydroxy-THC both possess psychoactive cannabinoids with harmful health effects for dogs that ingest or inhale marijuana products.

THC ingestion in dogs can produce various symptoms, including drooling, ataxia (imbalance or uncoordinated movements), incontinence, noise sensitivity and drowsiness. Edibles are more hazardous than smoking as they contain high concentrations of THC as well as ingredients like sugar that dogs metabolize slowly; furthermore they could contain toxic artificial sweeteners such as xylitol or chocolate which could even trigger seizures in some dogs.

Owners who suspect their pet has consumed marijuana should immediately bring him or her to a vet for evaluation. Aside from ascertaining how much THC was taken in and whether any other ingredients are present in edible treats, veterinarians will conduct physical and neurological exams as well as perform blood and urine tests on your animal. Inducing vomiting at home is not advised due to possible damage to esophageal structures as this could result in aspiration pneumonia which is potentially life-threatening.

Veterinarians will typically administer IV fluids and anti-nausea meds before allowing the animal to rest at their hospital until their levels return to normal. Most often, several days of IV fluids and anti-nausea pills will help the dog feel better; however, in rare instances the toxic levels could even prove fatal.

3. Drink it

Your dog could accidentally ingest marijuana through various means: eating an edible they found laying around, nibbling weed plants they find while walking through your yard, or sipping from your bong. Unfortunately, as more states legalize marijuana across the nation, the number of dogs who accidentally get stoned from it has dramatically increased: according to Tina Wismer of the ASPCA senior director Tina Wismer has reported an 173 percent spike since 2017.

Marijuana is a plant which contains cannabinoids (TCA and CBD) which cause psychoactive effects when consumed by humans. THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the main cannabinoid responsible for producing the high associated with smoking or consuming marijuana – unlike dogs who don’t possess the capability of metabolizing THC.

Symptoms of accidental THC consumption for dogs include seizures, heart failure or even death. When your dog begins vomiting frequently it is time to contact the Pet Poison Hotline as soon as possible for advice on next steps – home inducing vomiting may result in ulcers in their esophagus as well as make it easier for your pup to inhale its own vomit, potentially fatal for both you and your pooch!

Owners who suspect their dog has eaten marijuana should provide as much detail as possible to the hotline, such as how much and when their pup consumed any. Not only could this information save lives; vets can use these details to decide the most effective treatment strategy.

In severe cases, your vet may need to administer intravenous fluids or drugs from the benzodiazepine family in order to ease your dog’s anxiety. An overdose on marijuana can quickly lead to dehydration and hypothermia; thus it’s always essential that your animal’s wellbeing comes first – so do not feel embarrassed to seek assistance when needed!

4. Give it to them

Cannabis has many beneficial uses for pet owners and animal caregivers alike, and some pet owners have even turned to it as a means of relieving pain and anxiety for their furry pals. But it’s important to remember that even medical-grade marijuana is unsafe for dogs – even small amounts could make them very sick! Additionally, distinguish between THC and CBD; CBD provides medical benefits without giving your canine high.

If you’re searching for dog-friendly marijuana options, products containing just CBD may be a growing trend in areas where marijuana legality has been legislated. While CBD may make your dog happier than regular treats, its usage should never replace regular treats because even brief exposure to marijuana smoke can have severe repercussions for humans and cats alike.

Consuming or inhaling THC can have devastating results for dogs, ranging from drooling, shaking, vomiting and depression to even coma or even death.

Symptoms of cannabis ingestion in dogs vary, depending on factors like their age, size and the type of marijuana consumed – for instance straight buds can have toxic effects, while edibles contain other ingredients which could harm them (like chocolate which contains theobromine which can be toxic for canines).

Any time your dog consumes any form of marijuana should be treated seriously. You should contact your veterinarian as soon as you suspect anything has happened as they will need to know exactly which species and quantity were eaten before determining an effective course of action. Bringing them early can also help as their veterinarian can administer IV fluids and anti-nausea medicines if needed. You can help avoid future incidents by keeping any marijuana products stored safely out of reach – for example not smoking nearby and placing edible treats out of their reach, even if not for human consumption!

Lisa Thompson

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below 0 comments

Leave a Reply:

DominoQQ Situs judi online agencuan agen taruhan slot online yang memiliki fiture judi online paling cangih dan juga paling gacor online24jam judi bola