Top Benefits of Buying Dog Food Toppers
Dog food toppers refer to the additives that you mix into your pet’s meal and kibble. The toppers will add nutrition, variety, and flavor to any meal. The product is traditionally made to look like a nugget. The meat comes from poultry or seafood.
When it comes to your pet expenses, food is right on top of the list. Most pet owners spend from as low as $20 to as high as $100 every month to feed their furry friends.
According to data, owners spent more than $87 billion in 2018 on pet food alone. The industry has a compound annual growth rate of 5.4%. North America, meanwhile, is consuming about 40% of the total food pet in the market.
But why should you buy dog food toppers when you are already spending money on pet food?
Here are some of the benefits when you invest in these products:
- They are excellent extenders – You can mix the toppers into the dry food of your pet so they can get more servings. As a result, your pet food budget will last you until next month.
- They provide more variety – Buying in bulk will save you a lot of money on pet food. Naturally, you will use the whole bag to feed your pet. In most instances, pet owners stick to one brand for their pet’s diet. However, your dog will long for more variety in their meals. Imagine having to eat the same thing twice every day. The dog food toppers will make them feel like they are eating something different with each meal.
- They boost nutrition – The additives also serve to enhance the nutrients and minerals for your dog. Make sure to buy toppers that contain a different nutritional value than the labels listed on the pet food. In this way, you can maximize the number of nutrients your dog gets. Each food topper contains pomegranates, pumpkin, cranberries, sweet potatoes, blueberries, kale, and carrots.
- An additional source of protein – You can choose from fish, meat, and poultry. Each additive is freeze-dried for quality and freshness.
- Good source of antioxidants – Antioxidants refer to the nutrients found in the food to help combat free radicals in your pet’s body. If properly managed, free radicals are harmless. They are only the by-product when your system expends energy, that’s all. However, too many free radicals and they will result in a sickly dog. For example, excessive free radicals can cause indigestion, skin irritation, and poor circulation. In humans, free radicals are linked to cancer.
- They provide seasoning – The dog food toppers are also an excellent seasoning for every meal. As a result, it will increase your pet’s appetite. Ever noticed your dog eating less and less? If they are healthy, it could be because they got tired of eating the same food regularly. With food toppers, they would become less bored when it comes to mealtime.
Finally, the dog food topper also contains a special vitamin blend, which depends on the product manufacturer. The mixture depends on the brand, so make sure to read the label before making a purchase. The best thing is that the products are specially designed by veterinarians and nutritionists to make sure your dog will get the most out of their nutritional value.