Top 5 Best Smelling Dog Shampoo Reviews
On the market today, there are available hundreds of brands of dog shampoo products tailored to meet the unique skin conditions and the needs of your pet, taking into consideration the coat care, as well as preserving their natural oils and avoiding sporadic need for something that is heavy duty and allergies.
For instance, best smelling dog shampoo products can add vitamins and nutrients to keep your dog healthy, cleanse your pet’s coat of insects and germs, and many more.
How to choose a dog shampoo
It is not one size fits all when it comes to choose your dog shampoo. A poor choice can cause more harm than good. A wise choice can help your dog achieve a shiny, bright coat after bath time. In order to select the best shampoo for your dog, you need to take into consideration several factors:
According to the specialized site Cesar’s Way, if your dog has flaky, itchy, or dry skin, you need to choose a moisturizing dog shampoo. It is also recommended to avoid scented shampoos that often come with chemicals irritating the skin, according to Dogs Naturally Magazine. Choose instead shampoos that are made with natural ingredients, such as vitamin E, honey and oatmeal.
Fleas and ticks
There are many good flea and tick dog shampoos on the market. However, you need to be aware of the fact that flea and tick shampoo can only provide some short-term protection. Besides using this type of shampoo, you need to also take some other measures for flea and tick prevention.
In case that you have a puppy, you need a shampoo specifically designed for younger dogs. These shampoos are typically made with a no-tear formula, being gentler not irritating if it gets in the eyes.
Some particularly adventurous dogs may often get dirty and stinky. For them, it is recommended to use a deodorizing shampoo. These best smelling dog shampoo products are powerful types of shampoo that are designed to eliminate unpleasant odors.
Failing health and poor diet can make your pet’s coat lusterless and dull. Its healthy shine can be restored with a nourishing shampoo formula containing proteins, vitamins and minerals.
Dogs that have a light-colored or white coat can benefit of specialty shampoos with added brighteners and whiteners. These specialty shampoos are designed to boost luster while they prevent fading and yellowing.
If your pet’s coat is easily tangled or dry, they may need a shampoo-conditioner designed to restore maintainability and moisture. These products are useful for particularly stubborn tangles and frizzy locks.
When your dog does not like water or when you and your dog are on the go, it might be more convenient to use a waterless shampoo and wipes.
You may also like: Food for pitbull
Ingredients to avoid in a dog shampoo
It could be a temptation to use human shampoo and conditioner rather than to use pet products to bathe your pet; however, it is not truly a good idea. Even though there might be some occasion that they may not do much harm, the frequent use can be harmful to them.
Thus, never use on your dog shampoos that are designed for humans. Human shampoos are designed to remove the natural wax and oils on our hair and our skin is less sensitive than a dog’s. Human shampoos can cause rashes and will leave your dog’s coat brittle and dull.
There is a wide range of appropriate dog shampoo products on the market. However, some dog shampoos contain ingredients that can harm and irritate your pet’s skin. You need to examine the listed ingredients when shopping for a shampoo. It is recommended to avoid dyes and artificial fragrances that can irritate your pet’s skin and eyes. Choose dog shampoos with natural fragrances like citrus, eucalyptus, lavender and chamomile.
Best dog shampoos for various conditions
It is important to know what ingredients are recommended in a dog shampoo. A general rule is to choose shampoos with natural ingredients like herbal proteins, aloe vera, oatmeal, citrus extracts, and vitamins.
Shampoos for dogs with itchy skin or skin allergies
Your dog’s skin can become flaky, dry and itchy due to skin allergies. A dull coat and an itchy skin can benefit from using a gentle shampoo designed to shoot the skin as well as to remove dirt and allergens from your dog. Such a product can restore moisture to the coat and skin.
Shampoos for dogs that have sensitive skin
If your dog’s skin is sensitive, you need to use a gentle shampoo that is able to soothe the coat and skin. For instance, a shampoo that contains oatmeal can offer relief from itching.
Soothing and moisturizing dog shampoos
Many dogs are sensitive to strong fragrances and detergents. Soap free shampoos and products formulated with tea tree oil can cleanse, soothe, and control sensitive skin’s itching.
Medicated dog shampoos
Fungal and bacterial overgrowths can affect your dog's skin. A medicated shampoo provides some antibacterial and antifungal properties, being able to remove bacteria and fungus from your dog's skin. This will fight odors and helps reduce itching and skin irritation.
Shampoos to control ticks and fleas
If your dog has a tick or flea infestation, a cost effective way to fight these parasites is using a flea and tick shampoo.
Shampoo to control shedding
Reducing dog’s shedding and removing dander and loose fur requires regular shampooing. For this purpose, it is recommended to use a dog shampoo formulated with healthy oils, antioxidants and amino acids.
Reviews Of The Top 5 Best Smelling Dog Shampoo
This oatmeal dog shampoo product is specialized in shine, calming and soothing, being made with ingredients that meet these three important criteria. This skin-sensitive shampoo contains oatmeal that helps protect your dog’s coat. Due to the Argan oil, you will notice immediately the shine after your dog is all dry and rinsed off.
The moisture will be sealed in your dog’s coat, thanks to the aloe vera extract. While being gentle to your dog’s skin, this shampoo will stimulate the hair follicle to grow.
- It is a calming, shine and soothing product.
- This dog shampoo formula is safer and less irritated for the eyes because it comes in a neutral 6-7.5 pH range.
- During bath time your dog will be calm and restored sue to the rosemary and chamomile in this shampoo formula.
- This shampoo formula contains other natural ingredients such as almond butter, olive oil, purified water, shea butter, a coconut-based cleanser, and mango fragrance.
- The shampoo has a pleasant, mild scent that is safe for both dogs and humans.
- This shampoo can dramatically improve skin irritations.
- This formula has been proven to regenerate fur growth in dogs with Alopecia (balding).
- The shampoo minimizes the regular dog smell without being too “perfumy”.
- Some customers have complained that this shampoo’s after bath scent is not strong enough.
Aloe vera and lemongrass make a great combination, as aloe is a soothing moisturizer and lemongrass has an all-natural smell that keeps fleas and insects away. After the wash, the scent can last for days.
This shampoo contains holistic hypo-allergenic oils that will not strip away your dog’s natural oils. This is an all natural organic solution certified by USDA. It not contains anything artificial or synthetic such as sulfates or parabens.
- The rosemary in this dog shampoo formula is an antioxidant that also improves circulation and provides vitamin B, iron, and calcium.
- The shampoo makes great foam, yet it rinses fast.
- The 4-Legger shampoo fights annoying tangles, leaving your dog with smooth, soft hair.
- The bottle comes with a convenient lid spout designed to prevent accidentally spilling.
- Your dog will get a good wash with just a small amount.
- Using 4-Legger dog shampoo can improve inflammation symptoms.
- Ingredients in this shampoo formula such as lavender oils, jojoba, olive and coconut are beneficial for dog’s skin.
- Rosemary extract, organic oatmeal glycerin, aloe vera and lemongrass ingredients make a perfect combination for a dog shampoo.
- Some customers complain that during the rinse their dog’s fur feels dry to the touch.
This premium dog shampoo made by Lovely Fresh includes in its formula the finest ingredients extracted from neem and oatmeal. The formula provides a moisturizing and soothing effect as well as removes common bacteria and germs and sanitizes the skin. The shampoo does not irritate the dog’s skin. It helps maintain it clean and healthy and also protects the fur.
- This is a premium dog shampoo of high quality.
- It is formulated to maintain your dog’s skin healthy and beautiful.
- It adds shine and strength, and it removes bacteria.
- It nourishes your pet’s coat, promoting great appearance and wellness.
- It is recommended by veterinaries.
- After taking a bath, it leaves a lasting fresh smell.
- It contains natural ingredients such as vitamins, neem oil and oatmeal that moisturize, soothe and desensitize irritated skin.
- It relieves painful irritation caused by insect bites.
- Its formula does not contain detergent, soap, or alcohol.
- It comes with conditioner inside and it is easy to foam and rinse.
- The pure neem oil is an insect repellant.
- It is efficient for both long- and short-haired dogs.
- Being a premium dog shampoo of the highest quality, it is also coming with a premium price.
This dog shampoo product is designed to eliminate flaking and dandruff. It also provides a healthy glow by stimulating dog skin and cleansing. The shampoo formula contains a soothing mix of natural ingredients and salicylic acid.
Among its key natural ingredients included are vitamin B5, tea tree oil and colloidal oatmeal. This dog shampoo helps moisturizing itchy skin, tightens and clears dog pores, and calms irritated skin.
- It cleanses and stimulates dog skin, eliminates flaking and dandruff for a healthy glow.
- It moisturizes itchy skin, helps to tighten and clear dog pores, and calms irritated skin.
- It uses soothing mix of natural ingredients and salicylic acid.
- It is safe to use for puppies and older dogs.
- It would not affect topical tick and flea control products.
- It is especially suitable for smelly, yeasty dog with health issues.
- It works very gently on your dog.
- It has good anti-bacterial and anti-fungal effects.
- It is insect repellent.
- It is based on a concentrated formula that makes it last for long.
- Being a medicated shampoo product, it is suitable only for dogs with certain medical conditions and issues.
This dog shampoo by MinkSheen is based on an all natural formula. It is designed as a combination of shampoo and conditioner that has insect repellent and antibacterial effects. It comes in a concentrated formula packed in a 64 oz. bottle. The dog shampoo works very gently, making the first choice for breeders, groomers and pet owners around the world.
- This dog shampoo also includes a conditioner.
- It has a concentrated formula.
- It works in a very gentle way.
- It makes the first dog shampoo choice for groomers, pet owners and breeders from around the world.
- It is like getting four products in one: a natural insect repellant, anti-bacterial formula, coat conditioner, and gentle shampoo.
- It is able to gently clean your dog without leaving its skin irritated or dry.
- The shampoo leaves a shiny, soft quality coat, thanks to the mink oil.
- Hot spots are prevented and soothed by the vitamin E.
- While leaving your dog smelling great, the citronella and cedar oils are naturally insect repellents.
- The shampoo comes with the added benefit of an anti-bacterial product, protecting your dog and you from the spread of harmful bacteria and germs.
- This dog shampoo formula also contains a coat conditioner.
- It is a bit expensive.