Victor Dog Food Review
Have you heard of Victor Dog food? If you have not, then it is not a big surprise because it’s rarely sold in most local stores. Victor super premium is a great dog food first introduced in 1950. Interestingly, the cost of ingredients doesn't matter so much in this dog food.
What the manufacturer cares most is the quality of the food. The basic one which is Victor uses real fats. Others types including Victor Select and Victor Grain-Free are identical only that the later contains no grains. However, all of these foods are suitable for different feeding needs and budgets.
Analysis of The Ingredients
1. Chicken and chicken meal are the two major ingredients in Victor Select. All these are sourced locally making it a plus. It shows that the food is rich in real protein which is vital for the growth of your dog. The chicken meal contains a lot of water making it an excellent supplement.
2. Whole grain brown rice and grain millet are other key ingredients that make Victor Select the best source of carbohydrate. It makes it very tasty. In fact, if your dog is bored with the regular food you feed him or her, then this is the right brand to change the game.
3. Sweet potato is also included. This is the right choice if you don’t want to feed your dog with gluten-filled food. It is full of complex carbohydrates and contains a high concentration of fiber and beta-carotene.
4. Peas are also rich in carbohydrates and fiber. It is a great all-in-one option to add to your dog’s diet.
5. The dried egg might sound weird to you, but it’s an excellent source of nutrients. In fact, it is easy to digest.
6. Flaxseed is an excellent source of omega-3 that your dog needs. The other source of omega-3 that is included in Victor dog food is Menhaden fish meal. These are tiny herring-like fish that contain amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. Other great ingredients included in this grand dog food include chelated minerals, chicory root which is a good prebiotic. All these ingredients are powerful and beneficial for your pet.
Victor is an excellent dog food, and it comes with several options for you to select based on your dog needs. You’ll find it in canned and dry options. Below are the things you’ll love about this superb dog food:
First, the pricing of this food varies depending on the type of ingredients included. Though what you pay is what you’ll expect, this food is reasonably priced across different lines. However, you can get the best value by purchasing the mid-range Select varieties.
You’ve Got Options To Choose
Victor offers you multiple food options to choose from depending on the needs of your dog. If you want to feed your dog grain-free food, Victor has an option for you. Besides, you’ll also find food that meets the needs of a dog of any age. For instance, the grain-free type is easy to digest and is suitable for puppies that don’t have strong digestive systems like the older ones.
Again, their food has different sources of protein. It means you can find the protein your dog loves most. In fact, it contains up to 33% crude protein that won’t be chewed through by your puppy. This means it doesn’t go to waste. Additionally, the grain-free food also fills the appetite of your dog much faster. You can feed it to a puppy of any breed. It is best-suited and safe for all dogs that are allergic to grains.
There is also the Victor Select Hi-Pro Plus Formula that contains high calories. This is suited for both active puppies and older dogs. If you don’t want your dog to get full unnecessarily, then you might want to choose this. This type is also suitable if you are training your dog or you simply want it to grow.
Victor Food Targets The Health of Your Dog
Victor dog food is free from low-quality ingredients such as soy, wheat, and corn even in the basic line Victor varieties. This is an advantage if you care most about the health of your dog. In fact, it is a clear indication that they too mind the health of your lovely pet.
Drawbacks of Victor Dog Food
Contains Whole Brown Rice
Not so many dog food include this ingredient. Depending on the nutrition needs of your dog, rice might not be the best source of carbohydrates though it is far much better than unhealthy wheat, corn or even soy. However, it will be up to you to decide whether you want to buy food with rice for your dog or not.
Limited Variety of The Grain-free Options
The grain-free type is still new in the Victor dog food line. Compared to other food types that offer grain-free dog food, Victor line has got limited choices. However, this may not be the reason to justify you not to buy though some people love selecting from a variety of choices.
Which Dog Breeds Are Victor Food Suited For?
All varieties of Victor Dog Food are suitable for adult dogs. However, there are a couple of blends that are appropriate for the older dogs. Wet types are ideal for dogs with aging teeth and gums. For the larger dogs, you can give them food with high amounts of proteins.
High-protein food types with special additives are also ideal for active or high-energy dogs. Therefore, the grain-free formula is ideal for the high-active and sporting dogs. Food with little or no exotic ingredients is recommended for the fussy eaters.
Enter your text here...